Saturday, September 7, 2013

No.1736

A few posts back I mentioned something about a 5k

Remember that?

There might have been an "eek" and a "crazy" mentioned. 

Today that "eek" and "crazy" happened! The so very incredible moment when I crossed a finish line!!! The finish line of my very first 5k race - the Run or Dye. 


Number 1736 ran the whole way. Not with extreme speed or gracefulness, but from start to finish with no walking. No breaks. 

No lack of color!! 

How did it feel, you ask? Good question. The starting chute was awfully fun. The finish line and feeling afterwards was incredible! The part in between? The part where we actually had to run? It was tolerated. ;) I'm grateful for my running girls - it was so fun to prepare for this morning and finish it together. Thanks ladies!


There's talk of a 10k. I squirm. Not feeling ready to think about that right now! So I'm just going to enjoy this feeling of finishing a 5k - something I never, ever thought I'd be able to do. It's amazing that God created our bodies - especially our heart & lungs! - to perform better with hard work. I love that there are so many ways, times and places to discover more and more about God and the wonder of who He is and what He's created. Even running a 5k. With friends. 

See you Monday morning ladies. Bright & early.


4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Finish lines are amazing eh? Congrats...and have fun working towards that next goal. You're inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's great! A big accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Jen and thank you again for "making" me do it with you. I couldn't have asked for a better running partner and I am soo glad that we started, ran and finished it together! And sooo very very glad we were able to convince AE to join us ;) And yes - what a rush it was!!! Bring on the 10k! LOL (Denise)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...